Aim and scope:
The aim of this workshop is to gather the community of scientists working in the different branches of network theory applied to social and natural sciences in order to create new synergies and potential scientific advancements.
Speakers (who have confirmed their participation)
- Johan Bollen, Indiana University, USA
- Francesco Bonchi, ISI Foundation, Turin, Italy
- Guido Caldarelli, IMT - Lucca, Italy
- Ciro Cattuto, ISI Foundation, Turin, Italy
- Lucilla De Arcangelis, Università di Napoli 2, Italy
- Albert Diaz Guilera, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
- Emilio Ferrara, University of South California, USA
- Leo Ferres, U. del Desarrollo & Telefónica R&D, Santiago de Chile
- Alessandro Flammini, Indiana University, USA
- Diego Garlaschelli, Lorentz Institute, Leiden
- Hernan Makse, City College of New York, USA
- Enzo Marinari, Università Sapienza, Rome, Italy
- José Fernando Mendes, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal
- Daniela Paolotti, ISI Foundation, Turin, Italy
- Nicola Perra, University of Greenwich, UK
- Alfredo Pulvirenti, University of Catania, Italy
- Alessandro Rizzo, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Jos Rohling, Leiden University, Netherlands
- Giancarlo Ruffo, University of Turin, Italy
- Antonio Scala, ISC - CNR, Italy
- Rossano Schifanella, Università di Torino, Italy
- Roberta Sinatra, Central European University, Budapest
- Michael Szell, Central European University, Budapest
- Stefan Thurner, Medical University of Wien, Austria
- Francesca Tria, Università Sapienza, Rome, Italy
- Sebastiano Vigna, Università di Milano, Italy
- Vinko Zlatic, R. Boskovich Institute of Zagreb, Croatia
Registration fee is 470 €. The fee covers the course material, bus+hydrofoil Catania airport-Lipari-Catania airport, and social events.
The only accepted payment method is bank transfer. Payment details will be provided after participation confirmation on the school website through a form in his profile page. The participant will also be able to download a pre-payment receipt if required for the payment to be made. In case of cancellation after fees payments, a 25% penalty will be applied. Payment must be received by June 29th, 2018.
Deadline for application is June 20th, 2018. Applicants will be notified about admission by June 20th, 2017.
The official language is English.
Alfredo Ferro (University of Catania, IT)
Andrea Gabrielli (Institute of Complex Systems CNR, Rome, IT)
Diego Garlaschelli (Lorentz Institute, Leiden)
Tommaso Gili ("Enrico Fermi" Research Center, Rome, Italy)
Rosalba Giugno (University of Verona, IT)
Alfredo Pulvirenti (University of Catania, IT)
Giancarlo Ruffo (Univ. Torino, Italy)